September 30, 1954 - The precursor to the Bethel Baseball Association was founded, it was called the Bethel Recreation Commission. The initial members of the Bethel Recreation Commission were: Ralph Johnson, David Morgan, Jr. and Frances Schulster.
August 2, 1971 - A meeting of the Bethel Recreation Commission was held and the organization’s name was changed to the Bethel Baseball Association. During that meeting the BBA’s first officers were elected: Ray Crowe (President), Al Leonard (Secretary) and it’s members Val Blaska, Frank Clarke, William Cavanaugh, Tom Kennedy and Gene Boulianne.
January 1981 - John Cleary was elected BBA president, Bill Slifkin Vice President and Al Leonard Secretary/Treasurer.
January 1982 - the Bethel Baseball Association’s board consisted of: Bill Slifkin President Wayne Forman Vice President and Al Leonard Secretary/Treasurer.
1984 Bethel's Babe Ruth Association joins Bethel Baseball Association as a result of the efforts of Bill Pullan and Tim Burke. Additionally, Bethel Baseball Association joins Cal Ripken Baseball.
1988 the dugouts and fences were installed at Mitchell Park.
1992 - a Parks & Rec garage was demolished and the first refreshment stand was built to be an annual fundraiser for Bethel Baseball Association.
1999 - Jay Waterman becomes Treasurer and the Jimmy Fund Tournament is renamed the Al Leonard Invitational Jimmy Fund Tournament.
2000 - the fundraising for the lights on Leonard Field began and in 2005 the lights and new bleachers were installed.